The question we need to be asking is not:
'Is it alright for me to do this as a Christian?'
But rather these questions:
- 'Is this going to build up?'
- 'Is this going to strengthen the fellowship of God's people?'
- 'Is this going to advance my goal of running towards Jesus Christ and glory?'
- 'Is this something that laying to one side will better enable me to serve Christ?'
- So mature Christians develop an instinct to ask:
- 'Will this bring most glory to God?'
- 'Is this wise?'"
--Sinclair Ferguson, Devoted To God: Blueprints For Sanctification (Carlisle, PA: Banner of Truth Trust, 2016), 195-196.